Topics

Roll-out of new EUMETCast Client Software (Tellicast), EKU hardware and drivers from 22 Feb

David J Taylor

David

It is my understanding that for Windows you have 32Bit and 64Bit versions of the new EKU software but only one 32Bit *.msi installer for the TC-client. So this most probably contains a 32Bit version of the TC-client only. Under GNU/Linux (according to the Readme) you *must* have the 64Bit EKU software installed to make the 64Bit TC-client work. Not sure you can use the 64Bit EKU software for a 32Bit TC-client under Windows. If not EUMETSAT should/will? deliver a native 64Bit TC-client for Windows too. Maybe OPS knows more ...

============================

Ernst,

Yes, you are correct about the 32/64-bit eToken installer. I didn't change my eToken software on the basis of either "if it works, leave it" or "laziness". Or both!

It's just a 32-bit client which is supplied. A 64-bit driver is what I'm using for the eToken software right now, so either that or Windows knows how to translate the 32-bit calls from TelliCast into 64-bit functions in the driver. A lot of software is like that.

Twitter:@gm8arv

Thorsten Miglus

Ernst,

i run the new 64-bit EKU Software with the new 32-bit TC-Client on Windows 10 without Problems.

Cheers,
Thorsten

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 01:58 PM, Ernst Lobsiger wrote:
[...]

Dear All

Up to now we have worked with 32Bit TC/EKU software even under 64Bit GNU/Linux.
The new native 64Bit GUN/Linux TC/EKU software seems to be a real step forward.
I now have for the first time an EUMETCast receiver for T1 + T2 that works in
a decent way *without* using a RAM disk even on my ancient PC hardware.

PC 10 year old Fujitsu Siemens P7935 8GB RAM. OS Devuan 2.0.0 amd64 GNU/Linux.
Receives Basic + HVS-1 + HVS-2 with a TBS-6903X card and processes on the fly
all Sentinel-3A and Sentinel-3B OLCI EFR as original, normalized and equalized.

Exports all files via NFS for special processing with EUMETCastView or PyTroll.

============================

Ernst,

It will be interesting to see when/if Windows users get a 32-bit version. As far as I know we only have a 32-bit version at the moment.

Twitter:@gm8arv

Hugo

Hi Ernst,

The latest version looks indeed very promising . I didn't found the time yet to install it. Life gets in the way ....

cheers,
Hugo

Ernst Lobsiger

Dear All

Up to now we have worked with 32Bit TC/EKU software even under 64Bit GNU/Linux.
The new native 64Bit GUN/Linux TC/EKU software seems to be a real step forward.
I now have for the first time an EUMETCast receiver for T1 + T2 that works in
a decent way *without* using a RAM disk even on my ancient PC hardware.

PC 10 year old Fujitsu Siemens P7935 8GB RAM. OS Devuan 2.0.0 amd64 GNU/Linux.
Receives Basic + HVS-1 + HVS-2  with a TBS-6903X card and processes on the fly
all Sentinel-3A and Sentinel-3B OLCI EFR as original, normalized and equalized.

Exports all files via NFS for special processing with EUMETCastView or PyTroll.

Dear  GNU/Linux users

I have installed my first GNU/Linux amd64 only EUMETCast receiver using the new 64Bit client and 64Bit EKU software.
It works with an old EKU for T1+T2. I faced two problems that are described in the README attached. Happy hacking.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 06:49 AM, David J Taylor wrote:
Roll-out of new EUMETCast Client Software (TelliCast), EKU hardware and
drivers from 22 Feb. See:

https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/News/DAT_4272830.html

I have a test installation running on the BS and HVS-2 on a test PC, and it
seems to be OK. Time will tell. For those updating from 2.14.4 there may
be a quick method (which is what I'm testing).

David J Taylor

Roll-out of new EUMETCast Client Software (TelliCast), EKU hardware and drivers from 22 Feb. See: