Topics

New version EUMETCastView 1.4.3

Hugo

Edited

Hello,

When reading the GOES-16 segments, EUMETCastView did an update of the ABI center image longitude and took mistakenly the nominal longitude of the GOES-16 satellite.
The GOES-16 ABI center image longitude is 75° W and the nominal longitude is 75.2°W. The result was a small discrepancy in the border overlay of GOES-16 images.
Do not forget to delete the GeoSatellites.ini. This file will be recreated at startup of the program. This bug was detected by Douglas Deans.
You can download this release at https://github.com/hvanruys/EUMETCastView/releases

Kind regards,

Hugo

Douglas Deans

On 05/11/2018 11:41, Hugo wrote:
Hello,
When reading the GOES-16 segments, EUMETCastView did an update of the ABI center image longitude and took mistakenly the nominal longitude of the GOES-16 satellite.
The GOES-16 ABI center image longitude is 75° W and the nominal longitude is 75.2°W. The result was a small discrepancy in the border overlay of GOES-16 images.
Do not forget to delete the GeoSatellites.ini. This file will be recreated at startup of the program.
You can download this release at https://github.com/hvanruys/EUMETCastView/releases
Kind regards,
Hugo

Many thanks Hugo. Now working perfectly. Thanks for doing this so quickly.

Best regards,
Douglas.

Thorsten Miglus

Hi Hugo,

when processing Sentinel 3A images the green segment boxes at the globe have a wrong position. I selected the red box, but the image position is further north. I have already downloaded the latest TLE's.

Cheers,
Thorsten

Hugo

Hello Thorsten,

Are your tle's the active ones ? I mean, can you see how many days old they are in the 'Satellite setup' screen ?
In the 'TLE files' panel you can see which tle file is selected.

grts,

Hugo

Thorsten Miglus

Hi Hugo,

Thank you for pointing me to this. Indeed the TLE is 309 days old. Obviously http://celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/resource.txt is not up date. Now I am using another source and the problem is fixed.

Cheers,
Thorsten

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 05:17 PM, Hugo wrote:
Hello Thorsten,

Are your tle's the active ones ? I mean, can you see how many days old they are in the 'Satellite setup' screen ?
In the 'TLE files' panel you can see which tle file is selected.

grts,

Hugo

David J Taylor

Hi Hugo,

Thank you for pointing me to this. Indeed the TLE is 309 days old. Obviously http://celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/resource.txt is not up date. Now I am using another source and the problem is fixed.

Cheers,
Thorsten
=================================

Thorsten,

CelesTrak is usually pretty good, and careful about things like that. Which satellite, please? If they are stale, I'm sure Dr. T. S. Kelso would appreciate hearing.

Twitter:@gm8arv

Thorsten Miglus

David,

all is fine with CelesTrak. Pointing to the wrong file on a different drive was the problem. This file was not updated when pressing "Update TLE's".

Cheers,
Thorsten

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 10:10 AM, David J Taylor wrote:
Thorsten,

CelesTrak is usually pretty good, and careful about things like that. Which satellite, please? If they are stale, I'm sure Dr. T. S. Kelso would appreciate hearing.

David J Taylor

David,

all is fine with CelesTrak. Pointing to the wrong file on a different drive was the problem. This file was not updated when pressing "Update TLE's".

Cheers,
Thorsten

That's good to hear, Thorsten. I know that my daily Kepler update points a number of different directories on a number of different PCs. You may have seen that my software does try to provide warnings about out-of-date Keplers.

Twitter:@gm8arv