Topics

lost T icon tellicast

Philip Robinson

My Msg Data Manager etc has been working perfectly and have had a lovely pink T icon for years.  I now seem to have suddenly lost the T icon completely. I have tried double clicking the tc-rcv.exe in my desktop folder and all i get is a bit of flashing on my EKU but no T icon at all, tellicast just doesnt seem to run. I have tried using my windows8.1 in safe mode  and also running the tc-recv.exe  as administrator but still the same, no icon. I have turned firewall off. I have also used my original eumetcast client cd and do a software upgrade, that didnt work.
My ayecka SR1 controller is showing lots of traffic but i now cannot access it.
Has anyone ideas that i can try. Is it possible there be something wrong with the EKU.

The only other info i could supply with my limited knowledge of computers is that in the control panel/notification area icons. There is tc-rcv.exe:Connection lost. Show icon and notifications.

Philip Robinson

just to add that in device manager the USB token reads working properly

Douglas Deans

On 12/10/2018 20:58, Philip Robinson wrote:
just to add that in device manager the USB token reads working properly
_._,_._,_
Philip a bit of a long shot but just double check in Task Manager (control/alt/delete then select) that there are no instances of tc-cast-client.exe in the Background Processes section. If there are right click and end task. Then try launching Tellicast again.

As I say a bit of a long shot but I have seen this behaviour before.

Philip Robinson

thanks for the try but there isnt tc-cast-client.exe in there

Philip Robinson

although when i double click the tellicast i do get  in the Task Manager tc-rcv.exe (32bit). I then tried end task to remove them from task manager but still no T :-(

Ferdinand Valk

Philip,

Maybe I’m wrong, but I have the feeling that you are running an outdated configuration. Tc-recv.exe and purple icons are things of the past. You now have tc-cast-client.exe and no T-icon but a white EUMETCast icon (yellow or red in case of error).  Are you using TelliCast Client 2.14.2?

Ferdinand Valk