No transport status lock in Ayecka SR1 after installing a larger disk

Herman Vijlbrief

Dear all,

After installing a larger 105 cm dish I have 1,4 dB more SNR comparing to my 88 cm dish. (12,0 vs 10,6 dB)
Satellite is locked but the transport status is not locked.
Switching back to the 88 cm there is normal reception with transport status locked.

Does anybody have a clue why there is no data transport lock with this larger dish?

In the Ayecka settings the configuration set 2 is enabled and the settings are conform the settings of Eumetsat setup guide v3B on page 11.

MODCODS filter is set on 0x00041000
PIDs are checked and OK
The network settings are conform the settings on page 10 of the setup guide.

I see in the status page where my software version is displayed (1.05b255 with hardware version 2.1 and firmware version 2.02b922)
Rx1: Active, Locked
EUMETCast DVB-S2 1513.000 MHz, DVB-S2 8psk 2/3, 29.995 Msps, CCM, 12,1 dB
one page 8 of the setup guide DVB-S2 is displayed as 16APSK 2/3 32,996 Msps, ACM

That is different than my settings.
If that is the reason why there is no data transport lock? If so how can i change these settings?

Any help highly appreciated!

Greetings,

Herman Vijlbrief

Thorsten Miglus

Hi Herman,

your dish points to the wrong satellite.
Symbol rate is 33.000 Msps for Eumetcast.
Your receiver shows 29.995 Msps.
Point to Eutelsat 10 and data will flow.

Cheers,
Thorsten

On Sun, Oct 7, 2018 at 08:29 PM, Herman Vijlbrief wrote:
[...]

Ernst Lobsiger

Herman,

Check on www.flysat,com wether you are pointing at a 9° Satellite.

Herman Vijlbrief

Many Thanks Ernst and Thorsten,

I will repoint my dish this afternoon and report back.

Greetings,

Herman

Op 7-10-2018 om 20:59 schreef Ernst Lobsiger:

Herman,

Check on www.flysat,com wether you are pointing at a 9° Satellite.

Many Thanks Ernst and Thorsten,

I will repoint my dish this afternoon and report back.

Greetings,

Herman

Herman,

I recently bought one of these - about €50:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V8-DVB-S2-HD-TV-Satellite-Finder-Digital-TV-Finder-Meter-with-3-5-LCD-Display/123191989920

which should be handy for the job. I found:

Al-Forat HD1: 11007 V 4800 S2-QPSK
Dzair news: 11164 V 4000 S2-QPSK
Dzair TV: 11164 V 4000 S2-QPSK (couldn't see video)
Kurdistan TV: 11624 V 3800 S2-QPSK
Zagros TV: 11630 V 3800 S2-QPSK
Kurdistan 24 HD: 11645 4800 S2-QPSK
LBC Europe: 11681 H 3200 8PSK
LDC AM: 11681 H 3200 8PSK
-noorsatt: 10961 H 1333 S2-QPSK

That should be enough to confirm the satellite at least. Received with a TBS5925 and the free SmartDVB software. BDADataEx used for EUMETCast tests, but using something like the "Finder-Meter" above should be equally OK.

You might be able to use those with the Ayecka too,

Herman Vijlbrief

Thanks to all who helps me finding the solution of the problem.
After more than 25 years of satellite reception and still I have a lot to learn.
I thought that when the Ayecka was programmed for BS and HVS reception it could only be locked on the Eutelsat 10A.
Thorsten and Ernst thanks to pointing that out to me.

I had to move my dish more than 10 degrees to the west and now the data is coming in.
For this occasion i use a compass app on my mobile and satpointer which gives me the right azimuth.
Perhaps next time i will use a more sophisticated tool like David suggested.

Now hoping that the SNR soon is on the level I used to have the last year but for now this larger dish gives me more than 1,3 dB extra SNR.

Thanks and greetings,

Herman