From: MSG-1@groups.io <MSG-1@groups.io> On Behalf Of Thorsten Miglus
Sent: Monday, 23 July, 2018 15:49
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Vegetation index

Hi Ferdinand,

my NDVI files are processed. But I don't use the Tellicast default directory scheme.
All files for processing with MSG Data Manager go to a single folder. (G:\Raw)
Mapping Channel 8 data to another Folder may help:
[channel]
name=EUMETSAT Data Channel 8
target_directory=\EUMETCast\received\EUMETSAT_Data_Channel_4

Cheers,
Thorsten

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 11:48 AM, Ferdinand Valk wrote:

The MSG Data Manager processes all incoming MPEF files and places them
correctly in the destination directory as defined. However, the NDVD and
NDVI files that come in via data channel 8, are transferred as they are
(RAW) to the Data-channel-8 directory (not in the yyyy/mm/dd tree).
Is this an error on my side or are these files not being handled and
processed as regular MPEF files?

Cheers,
Ferdinand Valk

Ferdinand Valk

//snip
=====================================

Thanks for the sample data. Beta update now available, although not
tested on
a live system....

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/beta.htm

=======================================
David,

Thanks for addressing this so quickly. When I placed the data back in the
--\EUMETCast\received\EUMETSAT_Data_Channel_8 directory, the new Data
Manager immediately processed the files and put the results in the MPEF
tree. Works perfectly well. Should therefore also work on fresh data coming
in over EUMETCast.

Thanks again.
Cheers,
Ferdinand

Yes, the 'Manage Ch.8 data' is checked. That's why I get the data correctly
delivered there.
The Chlorophyll data is still being sent (and being properly handled) but
the other data does not end up in the \yyyy\mm\dd tree but remains in the
\Images\Data Channel 8\ folder.
It concerns Decadal Vegetation Index data (NDVD/NDVI) and it would be very
welcome if it could be processed.
File names look like this:
L-000-MSG4__-MPEF________-NDVD_____-000001___-201806301200-__
L-000-MSG4__-MPEF________-NDVI_____-000001___-201806281200-__
As well as prologue files.
These are sent once every 10 days (one per type).
I will send you sample files off-line.

Cheers,
Ferdinand
=====================================

Thanks for the sample data. Beta update now available, although not tested on a live system....

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/beta.htm

Thorsten Miglus

[...]

==================================

Ferdinand,

As far as I can see from a quick glance, anything received in Data Channel
8
might be sent to the \Images\Data Channel 8\yyyy\mm\dd\ directory,
however,
this isn't one I routinely process. In Setup, Channel Selection, Other -
2 you
would need to have Manage Ch.8 data checked.

These seem to be Africa-specific and I don't know what data they contain
off-
hand. My test data is from 2009/2010 and appears to be Aqua/MODIS
Chlorophyll data.

=============================
David,

Yes, the 'Manage Ch.8 data' is checked. That's why I get the data correctly
delivered there.
The Chlorophyll data is still being sent (and being properly handled) but
the other data does not end up in the \yyyy\mm\dd tree but remains in the
\Images\Data Channel 8\ folder.
It concerns Decadal Vegetation Index data (NDVD/NDVI) and it would be very
welcome if it could be processed.
File names look like this:
L-000-MSG4__-MPEF________-NDVD_____-000001___-201806301200-__
L-000-MSG4__-MPEF________-NDVI_____-000001___-201806281200-__
As well as prologue files.
These are sent once every 10 days (one per type).
I will send you sample files off-line.

Cheers,
Ferdinand

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺