Date   
Re: Tellique problems

Robert Moore
 

Johan I have, in the past, had two or three Ts in the toolbar. But waving
the mouse over them always made the ghosts disappear. Hasn't happened for
some time now.

Robert

--On 18 May 2004 16:29 +0000 johanhpa <hpa@...> wrote:

David,

I also noticed that something
had happened with Tellique, as I had about twenty!!! "T"-icons in
the toolbar yesterday evening.

A move of the mouse over the toolbar made disappear all "T" icons,
except one. That appeared to be the only one 'working'

Cheers,

Johan Habekothé









Yahoo! Groups Links






Professor Robert Moore
Department of Sociology,Social
Policy and Social Work Studies
University of Liverpool
L69 7BZ

44 (0) 1352 714456

current images

Robert Moore
 

Am I right in thinking that cities in the UK (notably London, Birmingham and Southampton today) are currently becoming _more_ distinct in the Meteosat 8 images? Presumably this is because buildings in cities warm up and retain the heat from solar radiation whilst grass and foliage does not. Alternatively, as mid-summer approaches everywhere is getting more radiation to reflect back and everything is clearer. Or is it all just my imagination?

Robert

Robert Moore

44 (0) 1352 714456

Re: Tellique problems

martin.ellis@...
 

Hi

I was out all day on Monday, but when I got home and check the
computer I found 2 Ts, and moving my mouse over them made one
disapear like you said.
I thought there was something wrong with my computer, but seeing the
messages on here and that I had not missed anything, I just ignored
it.

Martin


--- In MSG-1@..., Robert Moore <rsmoore@l...> wrote:
Johan I have, in the past, had two or three Ts in the toolbar. But
waving
the mouse over them always made the ghosts disappear. Hasn't
happened for
some time now.

Robert

--On 18 May 2004 16:29 +0000 johanhpa <hpa@c...> wrote:

David,

I also noticed that something
had happened with Tellique, as I had about twenty!!! "T"-icons in
the toolbar yesterday evening.

A move of the mouse over the toolbar made disappear all "T" icons,
except one. That appeared to be the only one 'working'

Cheers,

Johan Habekothé









Yahoo! Groups Links






Professor Robert Moore
Department of Sociology,Social
Policy and Social Work Studies
University of Liverpool
L69 7BZ

44 (0) 1352 714456

New SYS DVB trial version

Luca
 

You can download from www.cce-bologna.com website the new SYS DVB
demo trial version with Met-7 data management, new Met-5 colour
masks and Help file in English.

Bye,

Luca

current images (urban heat islands)

Timestep <Information@...>
 

From: Dave Cawley
Timestep Dartmouth England
e-mail Information@...
Web site http://www.Time-step.com
Tel. +44 (0)1803 833366
Fax. +44 (0)1803 839498

This is a phenomena mostly seen in the past on HRPT and even APT at times.
Sometimes referred to as "urban heat islands". In reality the city is
actually hotter, as a drive into one with a digital thermometer will prove.
The buildings both generate and absorb heat.

If you look at northern Italy you may detect a wide long road with lots of
big towns along it, a true form of "ribbon development" that we were all
taught in geography ! A tarmac road might be smaller than the satellite
censor size, but it's often very much hotter than the surrounding
vegetation, hence that particular pixel on the satellite will read a higher
value.

And then there are the power stations in Denmark ...........

So here is the challenge, a free Technisat USB receiver for the best urban
heat island image submitted to MSG-1@... by 16 June 2004.

Regards

Dave

temporay license

peitor2000 <peterkooistra@...>
 

can anybody tell me (perhaps mr david taylor) how long does a
msg datamanager-trial licence lasts and how can one notice that
one is at the end of the evaluation time,
because,
as of today the program still seems to scan msg-datafiles,
but does not make pictures of it anymore....

or do i have an other problem?

(ps:superb program david!!!)

Re: temporay license

David J Taylor
 

--- In MSG-1@..., "peitor2000" <peterkooistra@k...>
wrote:
can anybody tell me (perhaps mr david taylor) how long does a msg
datamanager-trial licence lasts and how can one notice that one is
at the end of the evaluation time, because, as of today the program
still seems to scan msg-datafiles, but does not make pictures of it
anymore....

or do i have an other problem?

(ps:superb program david!!!)
Looking at the date I sent your licences, likely they will have
expired by now, and that agrees with not producing images any more.

It's time to register that "superb program"!

Cheers,
David
--
SatSignal Software - quality software written to your requirements
Web: http://www.satsignal.net
Email: davidtaylor@...

Re: temporay license

peitor2000 <peterkooistra@...>
 

--- In MSG-1@..., "David Taylor" <david-taylor@b...>
wrote:
--- In MSG-1@..., "peitor2000" <peterkooistra@k...>
wrote:
can anybody tell me (perhaps mr david taylor) how long does a
msg
datamanager-trial licence lasts and how can one notice that one is
at the end of the evaluation time, because, as of today the
program
still seems to scan msg-datafiles, but does not make pictures of
it
anymore....

or do i have an other problem?

(ps:superb program david!!!)
Looking at the date I sent your licences, likely they will have
expired by now, and that agrees with not producing images any more.

It's time to register that "superb program"!

Cheers,
David
-- OK DAVID,SIGNING UP RIGHT NOW,THANKS AGAIN(ITS REALLY A GREAT
PROGRAM,I MEAN IT)
SatSignal Software - quality software written to your requirements
Web: http://www.satsignal.net
Email: davidtaylor@w...

Re: temporay license

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>
 

----- Original Message -----
From: "peitor2000" <@petermeteor>
To: <MSG-1@...>
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 8:04 PM
Subject: [MSG-1] temporay license


can anybody tell me (perhaps mr david taylor) how long does a
msg datamanager-trial licence lasts and how can one notice that
one is at the end of the evaluation time,
because,
as of today the program still seems to scan msg-datafiles,
but does not make pictures of it anymore....

or do i have an other problem?

(ps:superb program david!!!)

I would suggest you know when you are at the end of the evaluation time when
you start to feel guilty !
A trial licence is a generous way of letting you try the software (without
cost) for evaluation.
As you seem to think the software is superb then may I respectfully suggest
you register it. This will enable the author to continue updating
software, provide you with support and the community at large with further
development.
It's not about milking a trial until the last minute.

Regards
Douglas.

Re: temporay license

peitor2000 <peterkooistra@...>
 

--- In MSG-1@..., "Douglas Deans" <douglas@d...> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "peitor2000" <peterkooistra@k...>
To: <MSG-1@...>
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 8:04 PM
Subject: [MSG-1] temporay license


can anybody tell me (perhaps mr david taylor) how long does a
msg datamanager-trial licence lasts and how can one notice that
one is at the end of the evaluation time,
because,
as of today the program still seems to scan msg-datafiles,
but does not make pictures of it anymore....

or do i have an other problem?

(ps:superb program david!!!)

I would suggest you know when you are at the end of the evaluation
time when
you start to feel guilty !
A trial licence is a generous way of letting you try the software
(without
cost) for evaluation.
As you seem to think the software is superb then may I
respectfully suggest
you register it. This will enable the author to continue updating
software, provide you with support and the community at large with
further
development.
It's not about milking a trial until the last minute.

Regards
Douglas.
ABSOLUTELY TRUE.......I JUST REGISTERED THE WHOLE TOOLBOX DOUGLAS..

CHEERS...PETER

Re: temporay license

David J Taylor
 

--- In MSG-1@..., "peitor2000" <peterkooistra@k...>
wrote:

-- OK DAVID,SIGNING UP RIGHT NOW,THANKS AGAIN(ITS REALLY A GREAT
PROGRAM,I MEAN IT)
Many thanks, Peter. You should now have all your licence codes - I
waited for your order. Much appreciated!

Cheers,
David

Typhoon season Indian Ocean / Western Pacific

a_van_belle
 

Currently there are 3 active storms:

Typhoon 04W (Nida)
http://files.hurricanealley.net/storms/04W.html
"The death toll from the strongest typhoon to hit the Philippines this year
rose to at least 20 on Wednesday as the storm headed towards southern
Japan.
Thousands of people were displaced by Typhoon Nida, which packed winds of
150km/h and gusts of up to 185km/h as it swept past the eastern part of the
country. Crop and infrastructure damage was estimated at $1,3-million...."

Typhoon 06W (Omais)
http://files.hurricanealley.net/storms/06W.html

Tropical Cyclone 02B
http://files.hurricanealley.net/storms/02B.html

Look at
https://www.npmoc.navy.mil/jtwc.html
for track predictions.

Find high res. images at
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHazards/natural_hazards_v2.php3?
img_id=12129

Or add a job "MET5 IR Cyclones" in Geosatsignal and create your own
animation over the last 5 days from Eumetcast FSD MET-5 data :
Job setup
Enable remapping 1280x960
Meridian:106 Parallel:15 Span:45
Animate using 50 pictures at 3 hours interval

Good luck,
Arne van Belle

Sea-Ice Viewer program updated to V1.1.0

David J Taylor
 

Folks,

My Sea-Ice Viewer program has been updated. It will now handle data
downloaded from the Internet as well as EUMETCast data. The updates
include the ability to generate an amination of the data over time, an
Open Latest command for quick access to the current data, and built-in
unzipping of the .GZ files. Please see:

http://www.satsignal.net => Satellite Tools, Sea-Ice Viewer

Cheers,
David
--
SatSignal Software - quality software written to your requirements
Web: http://www.satsignal.net
Email: davidtaylor@...

Need Help (in german if possible)

Thomas Scheelen <privat@...>
 

Hello all,

i have some questions about register to receiver MSG1 transmissions via DVB.

I allready found the eumetcast_reg01_reg01, but i have problems to understand
some questions.

I really hope somebody can help me to answer the questions correct?!



-Essential Data Services: yes/no (dont know whats correct)

- What is the correct service? High Rate Services or Low Rate Services

-What means "DWDSAT" Is this important?

-Which Band i ok? Ku-band;C-band;Both Ku-band & C-band

Can i pay via an Amex Creditcard and how can i communicate the
Card-Data to Eumetsat?

I heard about a software from DWD? What is it an how can i
get it and how much is it?

I want to pay only 150 Euro/year, and dont know the different between the
services and costs. And so i hope somebody can show me the way:-)

Sorry for my bad bad english....is not the best i knwo.


THomas

Re: Need Help (in german if possible)

David J Taylor
 

--- In MSG-1@..., "Thomas Scheelen" <privat@m...> wrote:
[]
-Essential Data Services: yes/no (dont know whats correct)
Only tick this box if you only want the six-hourly data. Most
amateurs get the 15-minute data free of charge, so leave the box
unticked.

- What is the correct service? High Rate Services or Low Rate
Services

High-rate - 15 minutes
Low rate - 30 minute SEVIRI
Low rate - 30 minute Met 5
Low rate - 30 minute Met 7


-What means "DWDSAT" Is this important?
A service offered by your DWD. See the DWD Web site.

-Which Band i ok? Ku-band;C-band;Both Ku-band & C-band
For Europe: Ku band.

Can i pay via an Amex Creditcard and how can i communicate the
Card-Data to Eumetsat?
EUMETSAT accept some credit cards - I believe you need to phone in
the details. I don't know if they accept AMEX.

I heard about a software from DWD? What is it an how can i
get it and how much is it?

I want to pay only 150 Euro/year, and dont know the different
between the
services and costs. And so i hope somebody can show me the way:-)
For amateur use only, there is no charge. Your DWD makes an admin
charge of 150 Euros/year. The British, Dutch and Italian weather
services make no charge. I suggest you make a polite complaint
about the unfairness of DWD's charge.

Sorry for my bad bad english....is not the best i knwo.


THomas
Besser als meine Deutsch, Thomas.

Cheers,
David

Re: Need Help (in german if possible)

Guy Martin <agm@...>
 

They do not accept Amex, only Visa, Mastercard and a couple of others whose
name escapes me.

Cheers, Guy

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Taylor" <david-taylor@...>
To: <MSG-1@...>
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 7:42 AM
Subject: [MSG-1] Re: Need Help (in german if possible)


--- In MSG-1@..., "Thomas Scheelen" <privat@m...> wrote:

Can i pay via an Amex Creditcard and how can i communicate the
Card-Data to Eumetsat?
EUMETSAT accept some credit cards - I believe you need to phone in
the details. I don't know if they accept AMEX.

http://www.gordano.com - Messaging for educators.

Re: Need Help (in german if possible)

Thomas Scheelen <privat@...>
 

Hey David,

thanks a lot for your great help! Know i know much more and i
think i can register without problems

All software from you i registered is great an i will register
GEOSATSIGNAL and the MSG1 Data-manager soon

thx

Thomas

----- Original Message -----
From: David Taylor
To: MSG-1@...
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 8:42 AM
Subject: [MSG-1] Re: Need Help (in german if possible)


--- In MSG-1@..., "Thomas Scheelen" <privat@m...> wrote:
[]
> -Essential Data Services: yes/no (dont know whats correct)

Only tick this box if you only want the six-hourly data. Most
amateurs get the 15-minute data free of charge, so leave the box
unticked.

> - What is the correct service? High Rate Services or Low Rate
Services

High-rate - 15 minutes
Low rate - 30 minute SEVIRI
Low rate - 30 minute Met 5
Low rate - 30 minute Met 7

>
> -What means "DWDSAT" Is this important?

A service offered by your DWD. See the DWD Web site.

> -Which Band i ok? Ku-band;C-band;Both Ku-band & C-band

For Europe: Ku band.

> Can i pay via an Amex Creditcard and how can i communicate the
> Card-Data to Eumetsat?

EUMETSAT accept some credit cards - I believe you need to phone in
the details. I don't know if they accept AMEX.

> I heard about a software from DWD? What is it an how can i
> get it and how much is it?
>
> I want to pay only 150 Euro/year, and dont know the different
between the
> services and costs. And so i hope somebody can show me the way:-)

For amateur use only, there is no charge. Your DWD makes an admin
charge of 150 Euros/year. The British, Dutch and Italian weather
services make no charge. I suggest you make a polite complaint
about the unfairness of DWD's charge.

> Sorry for my bad bad english....is not the best i knwo.
>
>
> THomas

Besser als meine Deutsch, Thomas.

Cheers,
David


Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
ADVERTISEMENT





------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

a.. To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MSG-1/

b.. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
MSG-1-unsubscribe@...

c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Re: Need Help (in german if possible)

David J Taylor
 

--- In MSG-1@..., "Thomas Scheelen" <privat@m...> wrote:
Hey David,

thanks a lot for your great help! Know i know much more and i
think i can register without problems

All software from you i registered is great an i will register
GEOSATSIGNAL and the MSG1 Data-manager soon

thx

Thomas
Thomas, I am glad that you found help on the group - aber nicht auf
Deutsch! You can get the MSG Animator as well as the MSG Data
Manager and GeoSatSignal if you register for the "MSG-1 Toolset
Plus" at:

https://gbp.swreg.org/soft_shop/50031/shopscr27.shtml

Three programs for the price of two.

Cheers,
David

Double Tellique icons anyone?

David J Taylor
 

Did anyone else get double Tellique icons yesterday?

I did, and the timestamp on the FSY file was 13:28 UTC (14:28 UK
clock time). This time, only one PC (the faster of my pair)
suffered from the Tellique restart problem. It shows in the missing
segments report mainly as segments 7 and 8 for the 13:15 repeat
cycle.

Cheers,
David

Re: Double Tellique icons anyone?

Ian Deans <iandeans@...>
 

David, no problems here yesterday at all from about 8.00 BST. No missing
segments or unusual messages.
Receive computer is an Athlon 1200, 768mb ram and 7200 HD.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Ian.