Date   

Re: BS/HVS-1 SNR this morning early.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺
 

On 22/04/2021 10:28, James Brown wrote:
I wonder if there has been a small beam realignment?
A small snapshot of Ireland and S Wales.
Cheers
James
I'd wondered that as well, but TP2 hasn't changed. Of course, TP2 may be on a different and slightly broader beam antenna. In my report to EUMETSAT this morning I suggested the increase was more at stations to the north and west.

Any increase is very welcome, of course!

Cheers,
David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv


Re: BS/HVS-1 SNR this morning early.

James Brown
 

I wonder if there has been a small beam realignment?

A small snapshot of Ireland and S Wales.



Cheers
James

On 22 Apr 2021, at 10:03, Ian Deans via groups.io <iandeans142=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:



On 22/04/2021 08:38, geojohnt via groups.io wrote:
Hello All,
Lovely sunny morning across northern and central Europe.
My SNR was quite high at 07:00 UTC this morning at 13.7 dB.
Link Margin: BS 7.8 dB. HVS-1 4.4 dB.
I see from David's plots that other users are seeing a bit of an uplift also.
Regards,
John Tellick.
=================================================================

John I see no signal increase up here in Angus unfortunately, with levels as I would expect on a sunny day. Good that some are seeing an increase.

Regards
Ian.





Re: BS/HVS-1 SNR this morning early.

Ibercom x
 

Hi
I see no increase signal up here West of Portugal with a 1,25 dish SNR 11,70 dB , Quality 59% RFLevel -27 dB. 
Regard Michel 

Sem vírus. www.avg.com


El jue, 22 abr 2021 a las 10:03, Ian Deans via groups.io (<iandeans142=btinternet.com@groups.io>) escribió:


On 22/04/2021 08:38, geojohnt via groups.io wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Lovely sunny morning across northern and central Europe.
>
> My SNR was quite high at 07:00 UTC this morning at 13.7 dB.
> Link Margin: BS 7.8 dB. HVS-1 4.4 dB.
>
> I see from David's plots that other users are seeing a bit of an uplift
> also.
>
> Regards,
> John Tellick.

=================================================================

John I see no signal increase up here in Angus unfortunately, with
levels as I would expect on a sunny day. Good that some are seeing an
increase.

Regards
Ian.






Re: BS/HVS-1 SNR this morning early.

Ian Deans
 

On 22/04/2021 08:38, geojohnt via groups.io wrote:
Hello All,
Lovely sunny morning across northern and central Europe.
My SNR was quite high at 07:00 UTC this morning at 13.7 dB.
Link Margin: BS 7.8 dB. HVS-1 4.4 dB.
I see from David's plots that other users are seeing a bit of an uplift also.
Regards,
John Tellick.
=================================================================

John I see no signal increase up here in Angus unfortunately, with levels as I would expect on a sunny day. Good that some are seeing an increase.

Regards
Ian.


BS/HVS-1 SNR this morning early.

geojohnt@...
 

Hello All,

Lovely sunny morning across northern and central Europe.

My SNR was quite high at 07:00 UTC this morning at 13.7 dB.
Link Margin: BS 7.8 dB. HVS-1 4.4 dB.

I see from David's plots that other users are seeing a bit of an uplift also.

Regards,
John Tellick.

 


Defrag NPP - experimental beta update

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺
 

Experimental beta update to my program to remove the banding visible at the edges of NPP images. I added support for the lower resolution M-band data, such as that sent over EUMETCast.

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/DefragNPP.html

Cheers,
David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv


Fire on Table Mountain National Park

Hugo
 

True color OLCI image from Sentinel-3 (19-04-2021)


Re: hi i new to using MSG data ,and hope you can help where can i download this kind of of file "W_XX-EUMETSAT-Darmstadt,VIS+IR+HRV+IMAGERY,MSG1+SEVIRI_C_EUMG_20190401090010.nc"

yaron1205@...
 

yes i registered and have a user name and password


Re: hi i new to using MSG data ,and hope you can help where can i download this kind of of file "W_XX-EUMETSAT-Darmstadt,VIS+IR+HRV+IMAGERY,MSG1+SEVIRI_C_EUMG_20190401090010.nc"

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺
 

On 15/04/2021 14:08, yaron1205@gmail.com wrote:
thank I mange do get for the order page and chose the date of the MSG
but It don't give me any ability do order the file,i will try to ask for help using the email you gave me
You are registered, I suppose?

David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv


Re: hi i new to using MSG data ,and hope you can help where can i download this kind of of file "W_XX-EUMETSAT-Darmstadt,VIS+IR+HRV+IMAGERY,MSG1+SEVIRI_C_EUMG_20190401090010.nc"

yaron1205@...
 

thank I mange do get for the order page and chose the date of the MSG
but It don't give me any ability do order the file,i will try to ask for help using the email you gave me


Re: hi i new to using MSG data ,and hope you can help where can i download this kind of of file "W_XX-EUMETSAT-Darmstadt,VIS+IR+HRV+IMAGERY,MSG1+SEVIRI_C_EUMG_20190401090010.nc"

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺
 

On 14/04/2021 21:41, yaron1205@gmail.com wrote:
hi i new to using MSG data ,and hope you can help   where can i download this kind of  of file "W_XX-EUMETSAT-Darmstadt,VIS+IR+HRV+IMAGERY,MSG1+SEVIRI_C_EUMG_20190401090010.nc" I did find them on this page
https://navigator.eumetsat.int/product/EO:EUM:DAT:MSG:MSG15-RSS/print <https://navigator.eumetsat.int/product/EO:EUM:DAT:MSG:MSG15-RSS/print>
but every time I try to order from this page i got  "504 Gateway Time-out" The server didn't respond in time.
Thank you very much
I know the Data Centre has had some unexpected downtime but if it fails again try contacting Ops at:

ops@eumetsat.int

Cheers,
David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv


hi i new to using MSG data ,and hope you can help where can i download this kind of of file "W_XX-EUMETSAT-Darmstadt,VIS+IR+HRV+IMAGERY,MSG1+SEVIRI_C_EUMG_20190401090010.nc"

yaron1205@...
 

hi i new to using MSG data ,and hope you can help   where can i download this kind of  of file "W_XX-EUMETSAT-Darmstadt,VIS+IR+HRV+IMAGERY,MSG1+SEVIRI_C_EUMG_20190401090010.nc" 
I did find them on this page
https://navigator.eumetsat.int/product/EO:EUM:DAT:MSG:MSG15-RSS/print
but every time I try to order from this page i got  "504 Gateway Time-out
The server didn't respond in time.
Thank you very much


Re: No Pics of Central Europe since some days?

Ernst Lobsiger
 

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 07:26 AM, Hartmut Schulla wrote:
Below the affected Files (decompressed):
Hartmut,

all 3 minutes segments seem to be the same size. You should compare the compressed file sizes. Black images will compress to much smaller sizes than normal images.

Regards,
Ernst


Re: No Pics of Central Europe since some days?

Hartmut Schulla
 

Hi!

Below the affected Files (decompressed):

 

 

It seems to me, there is no pic in some files.

 

Regards

Hartmut

 

 

 

Von: MSG-1@groups.io <MSG-1@groups.io> Im Auftrag von Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io
Gesendet: Sonntag, 11. April 2021 15:38
An: MSG-1@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [MSG-1] No Pics of Central Europe since some days?

 

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 06:07 AM, Hartmut Schulla wrote:

I started the Job (METOPC)  this time (14:54) again with the same results.

Hartmut,

sorry of course you should get the same Metop-C image twice. I have no receiver running right now as I have problems with my heat pump and had to move the TC receivers away.
Metop has 3 minutes segments. So if your max. elevation segment found was at 08:23 UTC (middle of the segment) the question is whether you actually got the following segments?
You can check that as the start- and end-time of each segment is in the file name (see header of the python script). The files are either missing (not disseminated or not received) or
they are there but with an all black content. In the latter case you will see segments with an unusually small size in bytes. We had such problems (but) with EARS channels before.

Regards,
Ernst


Re: No Pics of Central Europe since some days?

Ernst Lobsiger
 

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 06:27 AM, Hartmut Schulla wrote:
Three segments of METOP-C are involved.
Hartmut,

our posts crossed each other. As Metop-C  is heading south can you check that segment 2 and 3 are probably black and much smaller in bytes than 1?
(Assuming your lat/lon is about in the middle of the austria area).

Regards,
Ernst


Re: No Pics of Central Europe since some days?

Ernst Lobsiger
 

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 06:07 AM, Hartmut Schulla wrote:
I started the Job (METOPC)  this time (14:54) again with the same results.
Hartmut,

sorry of course you should get the same Metop-C image twice. I have no receiver running right now as I have problems with my heat pump and had to move the TC receivers away.
Metop has 3 minutes segments. So if your max. elevation segment found was at 08:23 UTC (middle of the segment) the question is whether you actually got the following segments?
You can check that as the start- and end-time of each segment is in the file name (see header of the python script). The files are either missing (not disseminated or not received) or
they are there but with an all black content. In the latter case you will see segments with an unusually small size in bytes. We had such problems (but) with EARS channels before.

Regards,
Ernst


Re: No Pics of Central Europe since some days?

Hartmut Schulla
 

Hi!

Three segments of METOP-C are involved.

METOP-A and METOP-B are O.K.

Regards

Hartmut

 

 

Von: MSG-1@groups.io <MSG-1@groups.io> Im Auftrag von Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io
Gesendet: Sonntag, 11. April 2021 14:48
An: MSG-1@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [MSG-1] No Pics of Central Europe since some days?

 

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 05:29 AM, Hartmut Schulla wrote:

 

The dark (not scanned) area moves every day little bit to north.

The weeks before i got a full picture of Austria.

The pictures were captured every Day at 11:00 UTC and 15:00 UTC with the same content.

Regards

Hartmut

 

Hartmut,

as your MRTG graphs on David's page seem not to be UTC could it be that this started with the change to summer time?
In other words are you sure your image processing is scheduled in UTC? If not just try to make the images one hour later.

Best regards
Ernst


Re: No Pics of Central Europe since some days?

Hartmut Schulla
 

Hi!

No, the time is correct. But I had a little typo, In my last mail: 12:00 UTC instead 11:00 UTC.

The images are captured with UTC+1 regardless of DST.  

I started the Job (METOPC)  this time (14:54) again with the same results.

Timestamp of the new pic is 11.4.2021 14:54. (local MESZ).

Any suggestions?

Regards

Hartmut

 

Von: MSG-1@groups.io <MSG-1@groups.io> Im Auftrag von Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io
Gesendet: Sonntag, 11. April 2021 14:48
An: MSG-1@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [MSG-1] No Pics of Central Europe since some days?

 

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 05:29 AM, Hartmut Schulla wrote:

 

The dark (not scanned) area moves every day little bit to north.

The weeks before i got a full picture of Austria.

The pictures were captured every Day at 11:00 UTC and 15:00 UTC with the same content.

Regards

Hartmut

 

Hartmut,

as your MRTG graphs on David's page seem not to be UTC could it be that this started with the change to summer time?
In other words are you sure your image processing is scheduled in UTC? If not just try to make the images one hour later.

Best regards
Ernst


Re: No Pics of Central Europe since some days?

Ernst Lobsiger
 

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 05:29 AM, Hartmut Schulla wrote:

 

The dark (not scanned) area moves every day little bit to north.

The weeks before i got a full picture of Austria.

The pictures were captured every Day at 11:00 UTC and 15:00 UTC with the same content.

Regards

Hartmut

 

Hartmut,

as your MRTG graphs on David's page seem not to be UTC could it be that this started with the change to summer time?
In other words are you sure your image processing is scheduled in UTC? If not just try to make the images one hour later.

Best regards
Ernst


No Pics of Central Europe since some days?

Hartmut Schulla
 

Hi!

Since some days i recognized a strange effect:

 

 

The dark (not scanned) area moves every day little bit to north.

The weeks before i got a full picture of Austria.

The pictures were captured every Day at 11:00 UTC and 15:00 UTC with the same content.

Regards

Hartmut

 

701 - 720 of 31962