Re: Telique log files (was: Re: Missing Segments)

It might be a worthwhile experiment to see how your DVB card would run
in
your main system.
That is almost exactly what I now have. I found that heavey image
processing operations in Paint Shop Pro or making large panoramas (minutes
of CPU) could easily get you missing segments.

I have a very heavily loaded single PC system and have no
lost segments over the past few days. Could it be that users with 2 PCs
are
using a reasonably old (low performance)PC as the receiver? If
performance
is essentially disk bound, then even simple things like hard disk
buffers
and faster I/O buses which have improved dramatically over the past year
or
so will make a huge difference, possibly to the point where a heavily
loaded
single "modern" PC can out perform the reception only duties of a less
capable PC.
It's what I had hoped, but whereas the data rate off a CD is not
dissimilar to the data rate of the HRIT channel, handling the DVB data
stream is a lot more critical. As I said before, it is not clear to me
just where this criticality lies.