Re: Telique log files (was: Re: Missing Segments)

Roger Mawhinney <roger@...>

David
It might be a worthwhile experiment to see how your DVB card would run in
your main system. I have a very heavily loaded single PC system and have no
lost segments over the past few days. Could it be that users with 2 PCs are
using a reasonably old (low performance)PC as the receiver? If performance
is essentially disk bound, then even simple things like hard disk buffers
and faster I/O buses which have improved dramatically over the past year or
so will make a huge difference, possibly to the point where a heavily loaded
single "modern" PC can out perform the reception only duties of a less
capable PC.

Have any 2 PC users tried a direct comparison with single high performance
PC configuration?
Roger