Re: lost/delayed segments

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

- is there a possibility to figure out where the segments are lost
(without waiting for some eumetsat messages) ?

I would love to see a real-time Web page with this information - how
about it Eumetsat?

- was there a change in the dissimination in the past 3 days?
Not that I know of.

- if there are some segments delayed, how long it makes sense to
wait for them. my image processor is adjusted, to wait at maximum 2
hours for delayed segments. segments ariving more then 2 hours after
the first segment are ignored. may this 2 hour threshold cause the
lost segments?

When data is updated every 15 minutes, how much use is two-hour old
data? The bandwidth of the system is not even twice that required
for a real-time data stream, so more than one full cycle of catch-up
is unlikely, I think.

By the way, please be a little patient with the moderators - to
avoid spam new member's posts are moderated and could take a few
hours to appear.