Re: Lateral thinking

Roger Mawhinney <roger@...>

Don't worry, I have disabled all events that I can find. I was merely
pointing out that the defaults for Norton Live Update and other non-obvious
services can be unexpectedly frequent. I run nothing that I don't need or
want to run which is probably why my system is on a par with a 2 PC system.
What I am concerned about are those events that I haven't identified yet
that might a high load on the system at regular intervals - task manager
doesn't allow me to spot those. These could also affect a 2 PC system.
Roger