Re: Lateral thinking

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@..., "Roger Mawhinney" <roger@m...> wrote:
David
What puzzles me is that my data loss occurs predominately when my
system is not heavily loaded, i.e. when I'm at work during the
normal day. I see some deterioration when I am actively using my
PC, but not what might be expected. I'm really fishing around for
other possible reasons - e.g.
Norton Live Update checks every 5 minutes by default
What the heck is that? If it's anti-virus, with respect I would
suggest that once a day was adequate, certainly if you are not using
the PC and out at work!

Microsoft network updates are every 12 minutes
What is that?

Outlooks checks for mail every 15 minutes, etc.
Turn off Outlook while you are at work! Pull out the network
connector, if you like!

In any case, a separate receiver PC which does not run "user
interactive tasks" is the Eumetsat recommendation.....

By the way: the HRIT sequence order seems rather "in tracle" right
now, so that's not your fault.