Re: Lateral thinking

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

If it's not the PC, what else would cause serious segment loss?
Is it Eumetsat? Do they give any statistics as to lost or delayed
segments? Perhaps it is time for a bit more investigation away from
the obvious over loaded PC.

Roger,

EUMETSAT do monitor for missing and delayed segments. You will
sometimes see News messages when there is a known problem.

I guess they will have a service level agreement with the satellite
provider with penalty clauses if a certain reliability is not
acheived. They have published expected availability levels,
although these probably related to direct broadcast from MSG-1. I
haven't seen any actual published statistics myself. I know that
they value missing segment reports, though.

As a victim of the unexplained missing segments (UMS), I would like
to know the answer as well!