From: "David Taylor" <david-taylor@...>
To: <MSG-1@...>
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 3:20 PM
Subject: [MSG-1] Re: Definitions and questions!

--- In MSG-1@..., "pa3aod" <harms@a...> wrote:
Hi David,

I found some info on the WEB about the B2C2 chip(and software),
look at the following web-pages www.bbti.us and www.b2c2.com.

Bert PA3AOD
Thanks, Bert. I'd found those pages later by searching on B2C2. I
got an outline data sheet on the main chip on the card (FlexCop) and
on the "TechniSat" card (which seems to actually be a B2C2 card).
the plot thickens!

I am trying to get a better undertsanding of how the system works,
and what the so-called quality indicator means. At least in the
data sheet they talk about power (dBm) into a 75 ohm impedance, so I
am on familiar ground there. I haven't yet worked out from the
Eb/No threshold tables whether the 2.3 or the 2.6B is the more
sensitive card!

chip: <http://www.b2c2.com/docs/flexcop.pdf>

card:

<http://www.bbti.us/download/documentation/Sky2PC_Product_Specificati