Re: Disabling the "Smart Card" service - have you needed to do this?

James Brown <james@...>

In message <bji3mm+gk9l@...>, David Taylor <david-taylor@...> writes
Folks,

One thing that both Arne van Belle and I have observed is that the
PC with the Tellique software gradually runs out of memory, and it
seems to be the process scardsvr.exe which is leaking memory. We
have both set the "Smart Card" service to Startup = Disabled to fix
this. I am running Windows 2000 Server, SP3.

Is there anyone else who has needed to do this? I ask because this
service will be needed for the USB eToken to work.....

Thanks,
David
David, I am running Windows XP and can't find under the processes running list any reference to scardsvr.exe . Is this purely a Windows 2000 issue I wonder, or does the exe have a different name?

James
--
James Brown