Re: Missing segments

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@..., "Peter Benney" <tugboat@g...> wrote:
David,

Having once again read the following :-

http://www.tellique.de/tq_tellicast/filebroadcast_p2.html

Do you think there could be errors in the dynamic key generation
on the Tellicast server. I am not refering to the encryption which
is not yet in place.

If the generation of the keys which enable each Tellique Client
User/Password to receive specific data channels and files become
corrupted this would explain why these problems are user and time
related.

Peter
Peter, as I understand it, the encryption is in place, but the
access to the encrypted files is currently open. There are
certainly files which only some people with eTokens get, and the
eTokens are matched with access control on the broadcast.

I would be very surprised if there is a key generation error on the
Tellicast server, affecting just certain users, at certain times,
and on certain channels. However, if the SNR remains good with no
uncorrected blocks it could certainly be an explanation. I have
certainly seen this problem, and I do use an eToken to access the
data stream.

Perhaps this is something that those affected should take up with
Eumetsat? A report here would be read by Eumetsat.