From: "Roger Mawhinney" <roger@...>
To: <MSG-1@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 9:47 PM
Subject: RE: [MSG-1] Re:Missing segments

David
I had a problem getting my dish aligned; I'm in N Ireland so I've probably
got a similar signal to you. Rather than bring in the "professionals"
consider investing in Timestep's simple alignment meter. (If I remember
correctly about �20-�25.) Assuming you can access your dish, simple hand
pressure on the horizontal and vertical axes will allow to get the alignment
spot on. Here, it's blowing a real gale at present and while my dish is at
the bottom of the mast I use for my QFH and sways a bit, signal strength
(normally 70%) is dropping to 59%, SNR drops from 10.9 to 9.2, but the BER
is unchanged at zero.
Roger