From: "Douglas Deans" <douglas@dsdeans.freeserve.co.uk>
To: "MSG-1" <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 1:41 PM
Subject: [MSG-1] MSG-1 Channel 5

Has anyone else noticed the dreadful quality of channel 5 in the last few
days (at least).
I normally only take 2,4,5,9 and 12 but have now switched to all HRIT to
check others.
It looks like slippage on alternate scans lines and indeed reminds me of
the
fault that Meteor 3-5 had for so long except in this case it is across the
whole image. (and obviously for completely different reasons !).
Other channels now coming in, but it does appear the quality issue is only
with channel 5.