From: Ian S Deans [mailto:ian@...]
Sent: 06 November 2003 13:22
To: MSG-1@...
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Re:Missing segments

Alan,

I do agree with you, but nevertheless it is still another consideration
for
those that are having unexplained segment loss. If there is one thing that
has become clear with receiving MSG on home computers, it is that there is
number of variables that can cause problems for some and not others. I
consider myself to be very lucky in that even with a fairly low spec.
computer ( Athlon 1200 -- 768mb ram ) I do not have any segment loss at my
end even when using the computer for my normal day to day use. I even
tried
playing a fairly high spec computer game ( without Data Manager ) with
data
coming in without loss.
However again last night I experimented with Setup4PC and found when I
opened it there was no data loss, but as soon as I opened status, problems
started. Still it is not a worry for me as I do not use Setup4PC when data
is coming in --- I am not interested in monitoring signal level.

Regards

Ian