Re: Missing segments

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@..., "Ian S Deans" <ian@i...> wrote:
David,

I have just tried running Setup4PC for about 4 minutes with data
coming in. I take channels 2-4-5-9-12 at the moment and in that
very short period I lost 3 segments. Even with this fairly low
computer spec. I have never ever had segment loss ( apart from
Eumetsat problems ). I am running a more recent version of the
Tellique software and the newer card. It would appear that Douglas
is spot on -- if you attempt to even look at the status on the card
with data coming in you are going to get segment loss -- certainly
that is my findings.

Well, that's interesting - perhaps we are starting to get somewhere?

However, I've been running Setup4PC, Transponder Status display, all
day today (last reboot was 19:30 last night) and since 10:15 this
morning I have had zero missing segments! Today's problems I can
relate to the wind. But if I start getting unexplained missing
segments I will certainly stop Setup4PC.

(Also running Tellique 2.3.1, Windows Server 2000, older DVB card).

Thanks,