Re: Missing segments

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Taylor" <david-taylor@...>
To: <MSG-1@...>
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 3:56 PM
Subject: [MSG-1] Re:Missing segments

Just one other thing as a long shot. I once tried whilst MSG data
was coming in, looking at the signal level on SetUP4PC....disaster.
You must not do anything with that program during MSG reception or
data can be lost.... not even checking signal level.

Douglas,

Thanks for your comments on dish alignment etc. I'm phsching myself
up to calling the professionals again! (They did seem to take good
care when installing, that's why I'm reluctant).

I run Setup4PC all the time when receiving MSG-1 and have not, as
far as I know, ever had a problem due to this. I have the
Statistics screen on permanent display. What you say surprises me.
Has anyone else found this?

Try a few days without the statistics screen, David..... might be
interesting. All I have is the green 'signal ok' icon in the taskbar. If I
want to have a look at signal level I do it after I have shutdown Tellique.
The only other issue (don't know whether it is relevant or not) is that I
have the original Tellique software (pre MSG).
I do hope you will get this resolved. If anyone deserves hassle free
reception, it's you David !