Re: Missing segments

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Ian S Deans" <ian@i...> wrote:

I think your dish is on the edge of the satellite ?

Dave
That's a very fair point. Very slight movement in a badly aligned
dish will lose signal rapidly.

Dave, Ian. Many thanks to you both for your comments.

.. and I found that the maximum solar outage did not correspond
_precisely_ with the WXtrack predictions. It does all point to a
slight alignment error, but how to convince the professional
installers of this? How many months guarantee you would expect on
dish alignment in any case? I would love to get the "professional
installers" out again, but am worried that they check the dish, and
say "It looks OK to us, that will be £50, please!"