Re: Missing segments

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Guy Martin" <agm@t...> wrote:
Davids,

Just a thought, is it worth trying another DVB card, they are
fairly cheap, and some have already proved to be 'iffy' in terms of
overheating, it is running hot ?, and you have more or less proved
that its not the OS or wind.

Cheers, Guy
Thanks, Guy. Yes, I already have that in hand. I hope to try a
different card, in a different PC, with a different version of the
OS!

Today it is quite windy, and I am seeing short bursts of higher BER,
and then Uncorrected Blocks, which can be roughly correlated with
the noise of the wind outside. Even an occasional dip of signal
quality into the yellow. So under those circumstances missing
segments are understandable, if not desirable.

At other times, though, like a few other people, I seem to get a day
of missing segments with no apparent explanation.

I am wondering if a bigger dish might be a good idea, or if it would
be even more likely to become mis-aligned and therefore produce even
more missing segments!