Re: Missing segments

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@..., "davidstrickland2003" <David@s...>
wrote:
David,
I have been away for a few days. Today I powered up my 2 PC MSG
system when I arrived home early this afternoon. The 1400 missing
segments are, I believe understandable as I must have just caught
the
middle of that transmission. So from ch1-11 I lost segs. 1234 and
from ch.12 1-11. At 1515 I lost seg 8 from ch 1,3,4,5,9; at 1545 I
lost seg 6 from ch 1,3,4,5,9 and at 1815 I lost seg 7 from ch
1,3,4,5,9. All other images inbetween these are 100% ok. Note that
the losses effect the same channels!! I am sure my hardware does
not
know about channels and time and although it is a little rainy it
would be extremely improbable that it would cause this effect. As
the
machines have just been restarted any previous state should have
been
lost. The patterns above shout software, not hardware but it is
probably within the TEllique software so would be hard for me to
trouble shoot - no code!! Question - any ideas how I could go
about
troubleshooting. If I had two front end machines I could start
them
at different times and compare the raw files collected but I do
not.
Any ideas?

Regards David S.
David,

I believe the fact that the same channels are affected is because
the files are transmitted in groups. (I am guessing this from the
entries in the Tellique log file). I also see that if I get a loss,
frequently it is not a single segment, but a set of segments from
different channels. So there is a single point of failure for
multiple segments (could someone from Eumetsat please confirm this?).

I hope soon to have a dual-receiver system (for a short while at
least) so that I can see if such failures do occur in common. Other
than that, I am really stuck to explain this.

My kit is still playing up in spite of repeated reboots etc. If it
was like this on day one, it would have been sent straight back to
the supplier!