Re: missing segments / PC resets

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

You are lucky, then Peter. Since about 0215 this morning I am
missing about one segment in ten! The reboot had no effect. It
is
a little windier today, so perhaps it is the wind direction that
is
critical? Having said that, there are no "Uncorrected Blocks" on
the Setup4PC display which has been running continuously since
this
morning.
Well, my problem just got worse and worse. Yes, there was some
wind, but the errors kept on happening. I tried a full mains-off
reboot, and the errors were still there, uncorrected blocks and
all. I completely lost touch with any data about an hour ago, with
normal quality and SNR values, but the the BER stuck (it seemed) at
the very high value of 1.2E-2!

So I tried a "soft" reboot, and now all is sweetness and light!
It's still windy. I put it down to a consumer-grade DVB card
perhaps loosing lock, but I think that's unfair without better
evidence.