Re: Problem with Geosatsignal when creating HRV Animation in High Resolution

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

i am trying to create various animation of germany for example in
Geosatsignal (ver. 4.0.4.385) with HRV Images as PNGs (those new
ones,
Waveletcompressed).

I use remapping, with zooming and so on and a resolution of the
target
picture about 768x576.

When i try to animate, or even sometimes just try to make one
picture,
Geosatsignal just quits, with no warning message or else.
In this computer i have about 1.2 GB RAM. So i dont know if thats
an issue?

I would really like to go up with the resolution, but cannot.

Could this be a problem with Geosatsignal? Or do i need more RAM?
[]
Maik,

I suspect this would be more appropriate in the SatSignal group, but
to try and answer:

- I've never used HRV saved as PNG files for animations within
GeoSatSignal

- I believe people do use the HRV channel, though.

- If I was doing this, I would use the 12n image, i.e. the smaller
northern part of the full HRV image.

- making a false-colour image will use three times the memory of the
monochrome image, so reducing the size of the source image is
critically important.

- I only have 1GB of memory, but have made full resolution HRV false-
colour images before.

- running MSG Data Manager on the same machine will also use up
quite a large amount of memory. Can you perhaps try on another PC?

There is probably a more recent beta than 4.0.4.385 available, but I
don't know if that will help your problem.