From: Roger Mawhinney
To: MSG-1@...
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 1:16 PM
Subject: RE: [MSG-1] Re: missing segments / PC resets

Memory fragmentation is a problem for machines which are left on for a long
period of time. I can remember having to reboot a server every week, simply
to keep performance acceptable. I suspect that it can't be avoided any
more than disk fragmentation but will be dependent on how programs allocate
and release memory. It will of course be cleared on re-boot.
Regards,
Roger