Re: Missing Segments

Peter Benney <tugboat@...>

Just to let you knwo we are thinking about you, for yesterday (Nov
01) I got no missing segments at all. If you (or anyone else) got
any missing segments, then the cause is something local in the
installation or path to the satellite.
David,

I had missing segments yesterday between 0000 and 1200 but none missing between 1215 and Midnight. Today I have missing segments 0300, 0330, 0345 and 0700 cycles. TheTellique software showed a red icon at 0947 with bad segment loss on the 0930 cycle and 0945 cycle missing after a reboot. Present weather Wind SSE 15 kts with heavy rain (8.0 mm/hr)

You might also want to check
the Tellique log files around the times of the missing segments in
case that shows up anything.
I note a series of "Lost Mesages" and " file ended/interrupted"

No changes have been made to the installation prior to the onset of the missing segments.
It will be interesting to see if this afternoons reception is good. I will soon be able to use my 1m patio mounted dish now the trees had shed their leaves. The 88cm motorised dish is pole mounted just above the roof gutter and close to the attached property. About 400m west of the dish is a water tower bristling with microwave links, a GSM phone cell and PSB UHF aerials. The dish is screened from this by the roof line. Satellite TV reception using this dish is very good even channels on the Sirius Nordic beam.

http://www.polarorbiter.co.uk/Graphics/Pict0019.JPG

Peter