Re: Missing Segments

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Have restarted collection PC. 1400 1415 and 1430 perfect.
Rechecked
Tellique log files and no sign of errors. So the Tellique software
does seem to get itself into a very peculiar state. Next time it
happens I will try storing off all the received files to try and
see
what is going on. Definitely a consistent loss of segments from
channel 12 (16 & 17) but no errors in reception!!

David S.
Yes, I've seen that as well! Well, missing segments cured by a
restart. Doesn't always work, though! I found that a soft restart
(i.e. not pressing the reset button) was often all that was
required, suggesting that the Tellique software (or the DVB card
drivers?) is not resetting the card correctly. At other times, a
card reset (with the front-panel reset switch) was required.

One other point I forgot. Unless you disable the SmartCard
services, they can, if started, leak memory. Check with the
TaskManager if scardsvr.exe is using more than 2000KB of memory.
You will need this service enabled in future for the eToken, but it
seems that without an eToken and its runtime software, this service
just devours memory!