MSG-1/2 via Datamanager v 2.5.2.554

Terence O'Hanlon Smith

Dear all,
if anyone has attempted anything like this, or knows what the problem might be, I would be grateful for some help or advice.

I have adjusted the 'receive-ini' file, to David's recommendation, and my Rx machine now has two directories,' received' and 'received56' for MSG 1 and 2 respectively.
The Tellicast log shows all 5 channels receiving and completing - either (finished) or (suspended), and the files are correctly directed into the appropriate directories.

It all just about worked but, with MSG DM on the one machine coping with both sets of data (and my reticence with Ram drives), it was reporting many lost segments on that processing machine, so I networked in my travelling laptop with its MSG DM (same version) and set it up to process separately only the MSG2 files. The main MSG-1 processing machine is carrying on as normal, with no lost segments, but the second MSG-2 DM is not processing the files from the 'received56' directory. Watching the DM log and the directory in Explorer, at the same time, shows the MSG-2 files appearing and disappearing in the directory, (just as they do with MSG-1 on the other computer), but no processing taking place in DM, although the yellow "LED" does flicker occasionally. I can only think that this is a networking problem, although I have been very careful with the setting up of the source directory ( received56 ), and have even tried specifically mapping it. I am reasonably sure it's not a permissions thing, Explorer has no problem with the directory, but I can't think what else it might be and am presently at a loss. Perhaps someone has another notion?

Thanks in anticipation,
Terence.