Re: Segment Loss

Peter Hayes <pedroh@...>

On 31 May 2006, at 22:43, David J Taylor wrote:

Alan Sewards wrote:
David,
Thanks for your comments. I will report the error messages to OPS,
I find that they started on 30 May at 0902 and there are now several
hundred of them!
[]
Best regards - Alan
Alan,

I think Arne has answered your questions - the only oddity I spotted was
"NPROTECT" - if that's something to do with Norton please keep / anything/
which could interfere with the clean flow of data /well away/ from
anything to do with EUMETCast reception, be it anti-virus, Norton recycle
bin, "RAM-boosters" etc. etc.
Does the Eumetcast machine ever need to go anywhere near the internet - ie, does it need any security software in the first place?

Peter