Re: Updates

Robert Moore

Mystery solved. I had two versions of the 'licence_cd_v5 file': the exe file was 25,410KB and the winzip file 25,353KB. Plus the 1KB readme file.
I'm not joking when I say I must get my eyes tested again - I really am having problems - can't even do soldering jobs for myself now.
Hope I didn't confuse everyone.
Robert

--On 18 May 2006 19:45 +0000 a_van_belle <a.van.belle@...> wrote:

Thanks Robert for confirmation,

My first guess is that the apparently huge file size of the TC update
did breach my 0.fsy and Ramdisk limit. I do see some missing segments
on both receive PC's in cycle 17:00 that could be connected to this.

With the pre-released Tellicast client at only 6.6 Mb this does
surprise me.

Robert can you tell us the size of the largest file in the update folder ?

This might imply that my recommendations on using a Ramdisk will have
to revised even though I had this setup running with MSG1 and MSG2
data without any hiccup until now!

Greetings,
Arne van Belle

--- In MSG-1@..., Robert Moore <rsmoore@...> wrote:

Confirmed.
The folder contains two files about 50.8 MB together and a 1KB
Readme file.

Robert

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/glossary.htm

Science education Weather equipment Computer science
Weather stations

44 (0) 1352 714456