Re: MSG outage

geojohnt@...

In a message dated 18/05/2006 16:43:27 GMT Standard Time, nick@dctower.co.uk
writes:

Me not reading the dates in the message from EuMetSat correctly (or not
realising it was the 18th today!)

Nick,

You and me both.

I've been running a couple of animation's over the last couple of days
tracking the 'summer deep depression' which was running OK mid morning as was MSG
D M.

I nipped over to Heathrow at lunchtime to see the arrival of the Airbus A
380 - IT'S BIG! - I was right at the end of the runway as it screamed low right
overheard - coming in, I might add, at an alarming angle in the strong cross
winds.

Got back home to find MSG D M stuck on 12:30 cycle but Zone Alarm 'traffic
light' showing data flow, green satellite icon and 'pink T' - 'Oh dear, now
what?'
Brief panic till I read the EUMETSAT messages.

Trouble is I'll have holes in an interesting animation.

Regards,
John Tellick.