Re: IMPF

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Taylor" <david-taylor@...>
To: <MSG-1@...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 1:31 PM
Subject: [MSG-1] Re: IMPF

--- In MSG-1@..., "Douglas Deans" <douglas@d...> wrote:
As advised the IMPF changed occurred at 13.00. As suggested the
data is definitely earlier, and to allow for that the 12.45 UTC scan
was cleverly ended early by, I think, sending blank final sectors.
So David's program did not need to wait.
Looks good.

Douglas.
Well I just checked the spatial accuracy of HRV, and it's much
better than before. The water vapour gains have been adjusted as
well, making the LRIT water vapour image (channel 5) much more
usable. I think the interpolation artefacts at the SE and NW limbs
are reduced as well.... Still waiting for the first foreign
satellite data, although I don't know if it will affected by the
change.

Hurrah! Let me know if you do see any issues....

Channel 6 HRIT also looks a lot better. The interpolation artefacts are
almost gone now but at the expense of quite a loss on the west side.
The data is definitely earlier and there now appears to be a gap between
scans perhaps resolving for once and for all the prologue/last sector issue.
All looking very good. Tomorrow (HRV test) will also be interesting.
Will there be a temp to let us see the trial HRV with wavelet lossless,
David.