Re: New group - and some question

David J Taylor

From the MSG official site, I understand that it was originally
intended to use
the new bird itself for the propagation of the data now sent from
hotbird. Is
that right? Would it have been the same format?
Will there be a redistribution from a future Meteosat like in the
past (of
course with the new data format)?
Ulli,

Yes, at some point in the future MSG-2 and MSG-3 (I already feel off-
topic!) will disseminate directly, and the file format will be the
same, but it will require different hardware and receiver processing
software before you can get to those files. I get the impression,
though, that the present dissemination via Hotbird and soon the C-
band satellite has made things a little easier for Eumetsat, and a
lot cheaper for the users, so likely the DVB dissemination will
remain. That's my reading of the situation.