Re: {SPAM?} MSG-2 Trial.

Robert Moore

Douglas I thought I had read this on a EUMETSAT website, but as I can't find it again I must be mistaken. I've only found a comparison with Met-7 so I suppose it's possible that I misread that .... strange.
Robert

--On 11 May 2006 16:17 +0100 Douglas Deans <dsdeans@...> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Moore" <rsmoore@...>
To: <MSG-1@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 4:02 PM
Subject: Re: {SPAM?} [MSG-1] MSG-2 Trial.

Doouglas (and others) where/how do we find out if our equipment is up to
the two data streams in parallel?
From the EUMETSAT web site it looks as if the main advantage of -2 is the
higher resolution in the visible?

Robert

I guess it will just be a case of trying it and seeing if we lose sectors.
It is 2 new (temporary) channels so that gives us the option to direct the
raw data to another 'received' folder. Perhaps process it at another
time.

I am a bit puzzled at you remark re the higher resolution visible. I
would
expect it to be identical to MSG-1 (other than it's location...fine tuning
etc.). Where did you read this, Robert.

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/glossary.htm

Science education Computer science Weather equipment
Weather stations

Professor Robert Moore
School of Sociology and Social Policy
University of Liverpool