Re: recv-channels.ini Corrected version!

Douglas Deans <dsdeans@...>

----- Original Message -----
From: "seggins2000" <seggins@saysarts.co.uk>
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 11:39 AM
Subject: [MSG-1] Re: recv-channels.ini Corrected version!

I take David's cautionary note - but in terms of a technical
discussion
has John taken the right route I am wondering?

Cheers
James
--
James Brown
James,

I am using this version at the moment and everything is ending up
where it should.
On the 15th?....well we'll wait and see.
As I said, I want to see how my setup copes with it...and to see how
the MSG-2 data compares. The physical disk might well be a bit on
the slow side.
If MSG-2 is producing essentially the same material then there is no
point in collecting both MSG-1 and MSG-2 on a permanent basis.
I suppose it won't be too long before all the AVHRR stations are on
line; and then there's MetOp...so I hope I'll discover how near the
limit I am.

Cheers
John
The duplication of MSG-1 and MSG-2 data is purely for the trial period.
This will cease by the latest at the end of July (and probably before) as
Meteosat 9 then becomes operational on 1st August at 0�.
Decontamination and re-location will be carried out over July.