Re: Hot Bird 6 11096 Transponder

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@..., "Douglas Deans" <douglas@d...> wrote:
I think it's about time we all wrote to Eutelsat to complain about
this
intolerable service.
I do assume Eumetsat, who must be paying megabucks for the service
have also
voiced their disapproval.
This Transponder problem is far too frequent.

Yes, I'm seeing similar problems here - not having prior experience
of satellite TV I have to ask: Is this typical? If not, then
reminders of potential revenue lost through poor service reliability
may get the attention of the bean counters. I hope Eumetsat have
suitable Service Level Agreements with penalty clauses....

It didn't help that I had just started testing a new beta update of
the MSG Data Manager (which reduces memory consumption) just when
the problem happened! Unfortunately, I'm one of the people who has
to reboot to recover from this. I suspect Arne thought that he had
messed up something as well!