Re: Meteosat Derived Imagery

Douglas Deans <dsdeans@...>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Moore" <rsmoore@liverpool.ac.uk>
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Meteosat Derived Imagery

Paul I'm in much the same position as you - I have more or less sorted out
addition and subtraction using PaintShopPro but I never get the images
shown by EUMETSAT. So I have spent a lot of time getting rather muddy
images or images that I can not interpret!
I hope some time we might have a hands-on workshop on this at the GEO
Symposium. I'm sure there's something very straightforward that I'm
missing. I see the explanatory notes show the use of an RGB colour
slider -
I've never got the hang of this either.

So I join your plea for help.

Robert

.......and here is another. I used PhotoFiltre as it had a superb
'Arithmetic' plugin which does the job. But like yourself Robert, the
images were.....er, pretty awful.
Lack of time (yes I know I am retired !) prevented further experimentation.
I have a feeling when reading the MSG Interpretation Guide that Eumetsat do
more to the images than they say....sometimes they use radiance values for
example.
Agreed a very good topic for future discussion and resolve.
David is intending to add a subtraction mode to GSS in the future. Perhaps
his one will do the job better......he hasn't let us down yet !