Re: GRB and BFR files

Tom Schoettle <tomsracing@...>

Hello James,

could you share with us where to get the converter program?

I don't think GRIB is a bad format. Just complex enough to make the
development of Software a long and complicated process. Hence the
lack of tools which can read and digest these files.

To test and validate GRIB files download the free wgrib from
ftp://wesley.wwb.noaa.gov/pub/wgrib/machines/Windows/

the homepage is at http://wesley.wwb.noaa.gov/wgrib.html

excellent tool, I use it for some years now.

Tom

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:46:28 +0100, James Brown wrote:

In message <bn62u1+qjud@...>, David Taylor
<david-taylor@...> writes
Folks, I now have a GRB and BFR file (about 500KB each) if
anyone
wants to have a go at decoding them. I'll put them up on the files
area.....
I tried using the only grb to tiff convertor that I could find and it
reported a corrupted file. I guess all the bad things that are said
about grb on the web may be true!

Cheers,
James
--