Re: What's in a name.

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas Deans" <douglas@dsdeans.freeserve.co.uk>
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] What's in a name.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Trevor David" <tdavid@dsl.pipex.com>
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 3:36 PM

----- Original Message -----
From: James Brown
To: MSG-1@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 3:20 PM

In message <001501c397d9$b2ee87a0$0100a8c0@douglas>, Douglas Deans
<douglas@dsdeans.freeserve.co.uk> writes
>Perhaps someone will explain to me someday why Eumetsat refer to
scans
as
>repeat cycles in their messages.
>Would it not be better to just say, for example, scan 11.30 rather
than
>repeat cycle 11.30. What is it that is being repeated. (other than
another
>'x' revolutions of the satellite). Repeat seems to suggest it is
data
sent
>before... it certainly is not that.
>
>Regards
>Douglas.

Very strange Douglas, when I came back in this afternoon and saw the
messages I thought exactly the same thing - but then I thought - oh
what
an ignoramus I must be, obviously everyone else knows why - well
except
you Douglas - so now there are two of us!!

Cheers,
James
--
James Brown
No make that three

trevor

Sorry Trevor, in the excitement of not being alone I accidentally re-sent
your reply back to the group.
Dangerous stuff being on-line.