Wow - so perhaps I should not lose too much sleep over my HRPT system.
Thanks
Robert

--On 01 July 2005 16:07 +0100 Douglas Deans <douglas@dsdeans.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Moore" <rsmoore@liverpool.ac.uk>
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>; <GEO-Subscribers@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 3:23 PM
Subject: [MSG-1] METOP

I have looked at the ESA webpage but I am not quite clear whether the
METOP data when they become available via Meteosat-8 will be full
resolution HRPT
or lower resolution LRIT (though clearly a lot of data, to judge by the
RAMdisk discussions) - can anyone clarify please?

Robert
Full HRPT, Robert. It is also likely that before METOP we will get the
NOAA HRPT as well. Probably from the same stations as currently send
ATOVS......which explains the data quantity.
Should be fabulous !

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/glossary.htm

Yahoo! Groups Links

Professor Robert Moore