Re: Missing segments

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

I had my dish (88cm) mounted at the rear of the garage last Saturday and
it appears that since then I have lost far more segments than previously
and the signal quality although most of the time around 60% seems to
drop sometimes down to about 50% then up to 60-61% there are no trees or
anything else in front of the dish that would cause a problem, below I
have pasted the missing segment report for today so far, is anyone else
getting this many errors?

Cycle: 0245
msg-ch12, seg: 19
Cycle: 0300
g9-ir, seg: 1
Cycle: 0715
msg-ch01, seg: 7 8
msg-ch02, seg: 7 8
msg-ch03, seg: 7 8
msg-ch04, seg: 7 8
msg-ch05, seg: 7 8
msg-ch06, seg: 7 8
msg-ch07, seg: 7 8
msg-ch08, seg: 7 8
msg-ch09, seg: 7 8
msg-ch10, seg: 7 8
msg-ch11, seg: 6 7 8
msg-ch12, seg: 19 20 21 22 23 24
lrit-ch01, seg: 7 8
lrit-ch03, seg: 7 8
lrit-ch04, seg: 7 8
lrit-ch05, seg: 7 8
lrit-ch09, seg: 7 8
Dave, I had none of the missing segments you noted. Today has been 100%
OK for segments. It looks possible that cycle 0715 was not complete at
the time you produced the Missing Segment report, if not, then that's not
so good.

Some of us have found that after signal interruption, either therer is a
high missing segment rate, or the whole receiver PC needs to be rebooted.
I would suggest a receiver PC reboot as the first step to try. I have
also had two periods of a high missing segment rate, which I could not
explain. No high wind, no rain, and no obvious foreign bodies near the
dish and LNB. These went away after a few hours in one case, and a couple
of days in the other. To this day, I don't know what caused that problem.

Good luck with resolving this problem.