Re: Any Users Receiving Atlantic Bird 3?

johnrigsec@...

In a message dated 15-10-03 00:39:41 GMT Daylight Time,
jkelly@bellatlantic.net writes:

After reading the RIG article and living on the US east coast, I am
interested in setting up a MSG system. Is anyone receiving this way
yet? I could use a little help on this type of receiver and card.

thanks,

Jeff Kelly
KT2K
08750
Jeff,

Someone in EUMETSAT has successfully used the TechniSat SkyStar 2 PCI
(see Timestep advertisement in the September RIG Journal) to receive the
C-Band
EUMETCast service from Atlantic Bird-3.

As David said earlier, you will need to register with EUMETSAT to receive
this
service and to be able to obtain the tq(R)-TELLICAST software - from
EUMETSAT.
You will also need David Taylor's MSG Manager software.

You will need a large dish - 2.4 to 3.7m.
Also, of course, a C-Band feedhorn with a slab in its throat for LHC
polarisation.
A C-band LNB that will output between 950 and 2150 MHz to feed into the
SkyStar
card.

EUMETCast C-Band service parameters:

Atlantic Bird-3.
Transponder C02.
Frequency 3726.7535 MHz.
Symbol Rate 5.964 Msymbol/s.
FEC Auto.

More information in EUMETSAT Technical document EUM TD 15 issue 2. available
on the EUMETSAT website - <A HREF="www.eumetsat.de">www.eumetsat.de</A>

I'm sure you will find C-Band equipment more easily available on your side of
the pond.
C-Band never really happened on this side of the Atlantic as far as DTH
satellite TV is concerned.

You might try Chaparral for feedhorns and Dexcel Inc. for LNB's.
Both I think are in Santa Clara CA.

I hope this has been of some use.

John Tellick.
Remote Imaging Group.