Re: OT Odd messages

Robert Moore

James, no problems here.
Robert

--On 09 May 2005 09:56 +0100 Douglas Deans <douglas@dsdeans.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Brown" <satellite@meteosat.co.uk>
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 9:46 AM
Subject: [MSG-1] OT Odd messages

Hi,
Apologies for being OT - but I just wondered if anyone else has been
getting a spate of messages marked VIRUS ALERT coming to their yahoo
group address for this group?
The following is the main body of the text:
ACHTUNG!
Diese E-Mail enthielt eine oder mehrere infizierte Dateien,
die nicht repariert werden konnten.
Vielen Dank,
Ihr ISP

Good morning James,

No I have not received any via Yahoo. However for the past 4 or 5 days
there has been a huge increase in Virus attachments generally......but all
caught with Norton Internet Security 2005. Indeed last Wednesday I
received 50 through my Freeserve (Wanadoo) address.
They all seem to be variants of W32.sober.(something).
I do wish those virus guys would get another hobby.....weather sats or
something !!

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/glossary.htm

Yahoo! Groups Links

44 (0) 1352 714456