Re: MSG Data Manager Stopped processing

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "davidstrickland2003" <David@s...>
wrote:
David,
My collection computer has been running since late Friday 10
October. The computer that runs MSG Data Manager was turned on
yesterday ( It is used for other jobs with occassional bursts of
MSG
processing. It was left on overnight to catch up on the MSG
processing. I noticed this morning that it had stopped processing
the stored files at 13 October 1800. Sometime between 0800 this
morning and 0900 it continued to process with as far as I know no
actions that could have triggered the processing restart other
than
possibly starting up a different machine on the same network.
David, this is the expected behaviour from the current version. It
was processing the 0815 cycle, data for which stopped in the middle
of the scan. When data for the 0830 cycle started to come in, the
program waited around for while just in case more data for the 0815
cycle was going to come in. When it did not, the program shrugged
it's shoulders (you _did see the animation?), and started processing
the 0830 data.

notice that it has now caught up with all the stored data and is
running fine. I have also noticed that MSG animator does nothing
until the catch up has occurred. I have the missing segemnts
reports
for this location if you want them. The two computers are coupled
by
wireless 54g.
The animator won't update the animation until new data is available.