Re: Any Users Receiving Atlantic Bird 3?

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "jeffreypkelly" <jkelly@b...> wrote:
After reading the RIG article and living on the US east coast, I am
interested in setting up a MSG system. Is anyone receiving this
way
yet? I could use a little help on this type of receiver and card.

thanks,

Jeff Kelly
Jeff,

I can't tell you much more than is in the RIG Journal. You saw the
comments on dish size, I expect. You would need to get a username
and password from Eumetsat, so I would suggest applying to be an
(Amateur) End User. John Tellick can probably provide guidance on
filling in the Eumetsat forms.

You will also have seen the comments about needing a C-band RX with
the appropriate IF to suit the DVB card, and that there are two DVB
cards recommended (one for each waveband of DVB satellite). You
could take a look at:

http://www.satsignal.net => Weather Satellites, MSG-1 & ATOVS

for a little more guidance as well.

We'd be delighted to have you on board!