Re: upgrading

Robert Moore

David, right-clicking the icon gives me:

IP cast EUMETSAT::HOTBIRD

The following data are being received:
Admin messages
amsua, amsub and hirs files
GOES-12
MPEF files

Nothing else. System has been running for 2 hours.
My user_name and user_key I copied and pasted from the recv.ini file.

Active PIDs are
0x0064
0x012C
0x012D
0x01F4
0x1EDF
0x1FFA

In MDM, by the way, the 0900 GOES-12 image is processed over and over again and the log file is continuously looping the the same records. AT 1240 (while writing this) a partial decode of M-7 and M-5 have begun, but again looping a few segments. There are later data for all these satellites in the received folder of my Rx PC

**** The above is what I wrote before going to lunch. ****

On return - everything was working fine starting with HRIT 1200 (GMT) imagery. So - I'm not sure whether I'm more worried now! What was going wrong - the 'received' file on the Rx computer shows the earlier looping of the data, but it settles at 1200. My inclination is not to ask any questions .... but ... Oh, well, at least this is on record for anyone who hits a similar problem.
Thanks for help David and others

Robert

--On 17 April 2005 11:55 +0100 David J Taylor <david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

Robert Moore wrote:
[]
A problem remains: I have the PIDs set as in the instructions on your
web site but I am only getting GOES-12 data MPEF etc (Channel 1 and
Channel 3 data?) but no HRIT. In Setup4PC 'Statistics' there are only
data on line 4; MC 01-00-5E-5F-DE-DF the others are zero. 'netstat
-a' showed that 1065 was missing.

Given that all the settings seem to be OK I'm puzzled by this.

Robert
Check the PIDs again. Be sure when right-clicking the green Setup4PC
taskbar icon that "EUMETCast :: Hotbird 13 E" is ticked, and not
"T-systems...".

I think if you have a wrong username and password that might stop the
HRIT data but leave GOES and MPEF (Data Channel 3). Is the 30-minute
Met-5 and Met-7 coming through? If so, I would guess the password is OK.

SatSignal Software - quality software written to your requirements
Web: http://www.satsignal.net
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/glossary.htm

Yahoo! Groups Links