Re: PC Upgrade...........

Robert Moore

Agree, Geof, go for the most processing you can afford!
Robert

--On 21 February 2005 20:29 +0000 John Thexton <john@jthexton.plus.com> wrote:

Hi Geof

I would go for the processor first . I got by on 512mb memory for over a
year but you could certainly do with near 2Gig at least on the processor.

Cheers

John
----- Original Message -----
From: "Geoff Morris" <user.group@btinternet.com>
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 6:48 PM
Subject: [MSG-1] PC Upgrade...........

Hello All.........

I have been up and running with MSG for just over a week now. What a
difference from the older sats. I'm running 2 PC's, and it works ok,
however....The PC with MSG Data Manager and Animator on could do with
more get up and go. At the moment it has 512meg of memory, and a
processor running at just over a Gig. The question is, not being able to
upgrade both
at the same time, which would be of most benifit to do first, memory or
processor??.

May I also say a big thank you to all of those who have written articles
in
GEO, and messages on here, not to mention the software writers, all of
whom
made getting going with MSG a fairly painless process.

Geoff Morris

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/glossary.htm

Yahoo! Groups Links

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/glossary.htm