Re: Eye of the storm........

Robert Moore

Yes and the cloud in the centre is warmer and presumably lower. So we have a local swirl in the slightly higher cloud. But is it a significant weather feature or just a local curiosity - 'one of those things'?
Let's keep watching.
Robert

--On 05 February 2005 11:47 +0000 Terence O'Hanlon Smith <tohs@dial.pipex.com> wrote:

It's a tight anti-clockwise swirl which passed North of Paris and is
presently moving NE through Amiens - ; quite evident on HRV.

Robert Moore wrote:

Have you tried an animation John? I only have the 0600 MSLP chart but
that only shows a small low off SW Norway. Nothing much in Northern
France (yet?) Robert

--On 05 February 2005 11:18 +0000 John Parkins <john@g8kvp.com> wrote:

Hello All,

Anyone else noticed the eye of the low pressure area heading through
Northern France. All most looks like a mini hurricane.

--
Best regards,
John mailto:kvp@bigfoot.com

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/glossary.htm